The pinkest of weekends is NOW – 24th, 25th and 26th October
All this month, the Golden Girls of Tulips, Carole King and Sue Tilt have been organising events to raise awareness and funds for The Help Those with Cancer charity as part of the global ‘Pink’ time as steps along the way to try to help cancer sufferers and to work towards the day when research will find an answer to eliminate this killer disease.
Not only they have been organizing, but local restaurants, businesses and schools, banks, supermarkets and more have all been playing their part, and the story is not over yet. There are more events, and hopefully by early November, the financial results will be known but in the meantime there are still opportunities for everyone to be ‘in the pink’ have some fun,
As this Friday, the 24th is Pink Day itself, Tulips are asking that everyone wears something pink and donates 5TL to Tulips for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The ideal garment of course is the special Pink Month t-shirts which are just 12tl from a number of outlets Full details of their availability can eb found by telephoning 0542 870 2281.
If you want to be part of this special week-end, then here are the opportunities for you:
- Friday 24th
1. Corner House in Ozankoy – are having a fun night with a pink quiz, pink cocktails and a prize for the best dressed in pink 2. Olive Press in Lapta – are having a Spot the Intro Quiz with prizes to be won and a raffle, come and test your knowledge and best of all have fun! Bookings required for this event on 0533 880 1196 3. Zumba at the Black Olive, Alsancak – starting at 9am with all fees being donated to Tulips 4. The Wild Duck in Lapta – going pink with a Pink Lunch starting at 12 noon 5. Cafe George in Girne – are going pink all day with coffee and cakes in the morning and pink entertainment planned in the evening
- From the Golden Girls – a huge thank you to all those who have helped, will help, have supported and will support all these events – every person who helps and supports makes a difference, and that is what Pink Month is all about.
- those who went last time found it an extremely moving event, and in view of the many who were turned away, it is hoped that this will again be a full venue, but to make sure tha t no one is turned away, people are urged to buy their tickets in advance.
- Tickets will be on sale at the Best Seller Bookshops in Karakum and Alsancak and at our stall at Chateau Lambousa.
- This has been arranged as part of THE Tulips Pink Month and the tickets are 15tl. On the evening there will be a draw for a bottle of Pink Bubbly and a wrought iron Whirling DerviHs donated by Pat Burns of Iron Works.
- Friday 31st October at 8.30p.m
By popular request Tulips have arranged to have the Whirling Dervishes back at Bellapais Abbey
And there’s more – a very special more!
- AND: An opportunity to Buy your t-shirts, key rings, wristbands and raffle tickets from our Tulips stall which will be opposite Cafe George on Friday 24th from 10.30am to 2pm. Saturday 25th 1. Corner House in Ozankoy – are having an afternoon tea with tarot card reading. There will be pink champagne, salmon sandwiches and plenty more on offer Sunday 26th 1. Corner House in Ozankoy – Bikers Expo where we are hoping that many of the bikers will turn up in something pink. Live music is provided by Blue Tears and the whole event kicks off at 12 noon (finishing at 5pm’ish!) There will be an opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for our Pink Month raffle for 5TL giving you the opportunity to win one of the following: Bosch Dishwasher 2 nights all inclusive at the Salamis Bay Conti Hotel (double room) 1 night all inclusive at the Kaya Artemis (double room) Telsim Smartphone Ercan to Turkey return flight – Ankara Travel