JOIN THE AHDR!
Through the years, the inter-communal Association for Historical Dialogue & Research (AHDR) has played an important role in the field of history education and education in general in Cyprus. The AHDR has been the main partner of the Council of Europe in the field of History Education in Cyprus, offering multiple opportunities to teachers from across the island to receive the highest quality professional development programs on history education. At the same time, the AHDR has successfully implemented a number of major projects, receiving funding from various international donors. Among them the Multiperspectivity and Intercultural Dialogue in Education Projects (MIDE I & MIDE II) the Home for Cooperation project and The Meeting Point project.
The AHDR depends on the active participation of its members to in order to successfully undertake such projects and initiates, and in doing so, to continue contributing in their efforts to promote historical understanding and critical thinking. The Board of the AHDR plans to invest on the accomplishments of the past years and to work towards their further implementation. Our ambition is to continue the developing ideas, taking initiatives and planning projects that will enable AHDR to continue working towards the accomplishment of its greater vision.
- These are just some of exciting initiatives and activities planned for the year ahead which your membership is key to achieving: The launching and dissemination of an exciting new interactive game developed by the AHDR, entitled “Nicosia is calling”. The game takes players into a virtual journey of Nicosia’s rich cultural and historical heritage. Designed for young people aged 8 – 15 years old, yet equally enjoyable for adults as well!
- The continuation of training of educators by creating opportunities for them to be exposed to and equipped with the latest pedagogical tools in history teaching.
- To honour the unprecedented interest from various Cypriot and International groups to learn about Nicosia’s history and culture, the AHDR has organised a series of city walks and bike rides which it is keen to provide on an on-going basis in the year ahead. The walks and the bike rides are a fantastic opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of Nicosia’s past and present and where answers to set questions can be sought and where new questions could arise. There are many ways in which you can get involved in the work of the AHDR. The most effective way is to become a member and join the ever growing community of committed individuals from round the world! For just 20 Euros/ 55 TL per year, you can make an invaluable difference to the work of the AHDR and also receive some great benefits. Click here to find out what we offer. It’s easy to sign up. Simply complete the membership form and choose from payment options available. Payment can be made in person at the AHDR office at the Home for Cooperation or directly into the AHDR bank Account: **
- Bank of Cyprus
- Account Number: 357010465376
- IBAN: CY75002001950000357010465376
- SWIFT/ BIC: BCYPCY2N
**Please email us at [email protected] if you chose to use the option, so we can track your payment and confirm receipt of payment. In addition, we are keen to have our members take a more active role in the future of the organization. Therefore, if you have any ideas and initiatives that ties in with our work please email us on: [email protected]